TBU was founded in 1927 by Mr. F.W. Uittenbogaart, the grandfather of
the present director. As the owner of the Shipbuilding company Hannah he became
interested in the Simplex Sternframes of the German shipyard Deutsche Werft
Because the fleet was modest and most of the time sailing her inspectors were being idle. For that reason the idea was born to acquire the representation of Deutsche Werft, and get the inspectors involved in the promotion of Simplex products at other shipyards. It turned out to be successful and TBU was born. In the course of the years the selection of products was enlarged.